So I was reading LJ for the first time in a while & looked at my account. Holy frak! I haven't posted in TWENTY days!
And hey, it looks like Loud Twitter died about 2 weeks ago. Yeah, I know, you're thinking "But Sharon doesn't post her tweets." And you're right. But I like to have them there to help me remember what I've said/done and to make it easier to find links I've tweeted, so I do post them, but only as private posts for my own reference. *sigh* There's another program, Twiteinesis or something silly like that. They don't have the option of setting the security level or even doing an LJ cut as far as I can find. So, no tweet reference for me!
And what's a HellZiggy been up to for the last month since she obviously hasn't been posting? Well, lets see what I can remember... (remember = go back & look at Twitter because I am old & forgetful & shit!)
OK, July 1-4 - CONvergence. Of course. Very exhausting this year. Had actual time commitments during con, working on the GPS Silent Auction. Weird. Not used to having so much structure. Wasn't a bad thing but definitely meant a different energy than other years. Next year I will know what to expect though.
Also different for Rick this year, as he was the guest liaison for author L.A. Banks. (liaison is very hard to spell. yay spellcheck!) Leslie was great! Very sweet and funny and just a nice person.
Moose had a lovely time at CONvergence too. He got to have his picture taken while hanging from Voltaire's mouth, and with an actual real Emmy award!
I am married to Lex Luther. Paul Cornell's first issue of Action Comics came out the day before CVG so he got the con to give him a slot on stage to do a live reading of it. My uber-talented husband played Lex and was just fabulous! I guess I now officially have a thing for Lex Luthor voice actors, since James Marsters has voiced animated versions of him. ( More stuff. LJ-cut so I don't fill your whole friends page. But you should click the cut and read it. )
And that's what I've been doing with my time.
Things I'll be doing in the near future:
* Watching a movie outside in a friend's back yard.
* Going to the CONvergence volunteers party.
* Going to my parents cabin w/Rick, my brother, his wife, their kid, my sister, her husband, their two kids, my cousin, his wife, their kid, her cousin, my friend, and my friend's girlfriend. Yeah, the cabin's not really that big. And my family is crazy.
* Possibly road-tripping to Madison to see Sunspot
* Posting about & pimping the current Vote To Send Me To Antarctica contest. I need to do a big email/twitter/blog push. I haven't done much this time because it was fairly exhausting last time and I did ok, but not nearly close enough. This time I think I will try to get many people to all RT it around the same time. I'll also at the same time send out one Facebook message to everyone, but only one because I don't want to spam my friends. Twitter is fleeting enough that the repetition pretty much gets lost.
* Yes, I really will sort and post the pictures I've been taking since May.
* I need to pick one for the State Fair Fine Art competition too. I know what group of pictures I have that I'll be taking it from, I just need to make a final decision of which one.
*And yeah, I know I still need to write about the actual Space Shuttle Launch. And everything from ComiCon. And w00tstock.
But first, it's 1:30. I need to go to bed!
I've missed you all! And I'm going to try to catch up on reading if I can. And I promise not to leave you for another 20 days.